Acceptance of Policy
- If Users are accessing or using our Application, please be aware that the Application may contain links to websites of third parties. By clicking on such links, User may be transferred to the website of the third party. The Provider is not responsible in any way for the privacy practices of such third parties and the Users are advised to view and read the privacy statements issued by third parties to ensure that the User understand and agree to the same.
World plus International, Inc. is the data controller of your personal information. Please note that when you contact us to assist you, we need to authenticate your identity before fulfilling your request for your safety and ours.
Wplus collects information from users, which may include Personal Information at different points on the Site and through the Wplus Service software as follows:
Information You Supply Us: We receive and store information you enter on the Site or given us in any other way. This information includes but is not limited to:
- Your registration data. When you register for the Service, we ask you to ask provide basic contact information such as your name, address, and email address. When you get yourself registered with your Facebook account, we also ask permission to collect your demographic and location information in order to provide you with more targeted communications and promotions.
- Order data. When you order Publications through the Service, we collect your purchase order and address or billing information, including your credit card number and expiration date.
- Voluntary information. We may collect additional information at other times, including but not limited to, your feedback, change in your content or email preferences, respond to a survey, or communicate with Wplus customer support.
- Your device and software characteristics. We automatically receive and log information from your browser, including but not limited to your IP address, the name and user ID of your computer, mobile and other devices, your operating system, browser type and version, CPU speed, connection speed, and location information based on your IP address.
- Your activity on the Wplus Service. We may also record the URL you are linked from to get to the Site, your clickstream through and from the Site, and other tracking information including the Publications purchased and/or read, the time invested on each Publication, the articles read and, in general, the user’s behavior related to each Publication.
- Your interaction with our emails and texts. When you interact with us through emails and texts, such information or data shared will automatically be stored
- Your software installation, file downloads, and publication access. When you install the Wplus app or download Publications or other files from the Site, we may record when each file transfer begins and ends and any errors that interrupt the transfer. The Wplus software also records whether or not you downloaded and accessed a given Publication and how long you viewed that Publication.
- Additionally, the Wplus stores information about the offline reading and behavior within the Wplus that we collect once the user goes online.
Information from Other Sources: We may receive information about you from other sources, add it to your account information and treat it in accordance with this Policy. This information includes but is not limited to:
- Updated delivery and address information. We may obtain updated contact information from third parties in order to correct our records and fulfill your orders or deliver communications to you.
- Demographic and purchase information. We may reference other sources of demographic and purchase information in order to provide you with more targeted communications and promotions.
Use of Information
Wplus uses information about you to:
- Verify access to secure content and your account information
- Determine whether you meet the minimum system requirements for use of the Service
- Provide you tailored content and instructions, renewal options and promotions Service your customer support requests
- Ask you to participate in surveys about our products and services
- Offer you Service upgrades
- Better understand, on an anonymous and aggregated basis, how the Service is being used, including Web traffic and reading patterns, so that we may continually improve our Service
- Sending promotional information to the users about our products and services, when specifically accepted.
The legal basis for the processing of the user’s personal data is the performance of the contractual relationship between Wplus and the user while using the Site or the Service, as well as the user’s consent provided upon registration into the Service.
The personal data provided will be stored while it is necessary for the fulfilment of the legal obligations of Wplus regarding the Service, and even after the termination of the contractual relationship, for the purposes of ensuring the fulfilment of the legal obligations corresponding to Wplus. Also, the usage data collected automatically by Wplus may be stored indefinitely, after being duly anonymized.
Communication of Data
We inform you that your personal data may be communicated to other companies within the Wplus group of companies for the fulfilment of the purposes above. Additionally, we may share your Personal Information as follows:
Publishers and partners. Wplus will provide Publishers, and other merchants for whom Wplus sells or distributes Publications or other products, with any Personal Information that is necessary to fulfil your requests for their products, programs or services, or to satisfy other core business functions. In such circumstances, these companies will not use your Personal Information for any other purpose without your consent. In some instances, however, when you subscribe to certain publications, Wplus is contractually obligated to provide your Personal Information to these Publishers. The use of your Personal Information by these Publishers are subject to their privacy policies and these Publishers may send you unsolicited messages as well as provide your information to their partners or to other parties, any of whom may use or share your information in accordance with their policies and procedures. Wplus has no control over their use of your Personal Information.
Agents. We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf such as fulfilling orders, sending emails, processing credit card payments, and providing customer service. These companies or individuals will be provided access to Personal Information needed to perform their functions, but these companies and individuals have agreed or will agree to not use your Personal Information for other purposes.
Protection of the Site and others: We release account and other Personal Information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; to enforce or apply our Terms of Service, or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Site, our users, or others.
Business transfers. Wplus may transfer Personal Information it collects in connection with a merger, acquisition or sale of all or most of the assets of Wplus related to the Site and/or the Service. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of Wplus may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this Policy.
With your consent. Other than the cases above, you will be notified before your Personal Information will be communicated to a third party and will be able to decide not to share it.
Wplus reserves the right to use and disclose anonymous information, including aggregate information derived from your Personal Information, to inform publishers, partners, and other interested parties as to the usage habits or characteristics of Wplus' user base; and to serve any other business purposes.
We reserve the right to push notifications from Wplus. You can choose to receive mobile push notifications. If you no longer wish to receive these notifications, you can choose to disable the notification from your mobile device’s settings.
We ensure that the information would be transferred in accordance with this Privacy Statement and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection whenever in the course of sharing information to countries outside of the United States.
The User undertakes to notify Wplus immediately of any change in his/her personal data so that the information held in Wplus’s filing systems remains up-to-date at all times and does not contain any errors. To review or update your Personal Information, or to alter your email preferences, or preferences regarding how we share your Personal Information, go to the "account settings" area of the Site.
If at any time you would like to close your account, send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be aware that any unfulfilled subscriptions will be cancelled without refund and you will have to re-register in order to use the Service.
Wplus hereby informs the User that it has implemented the technical and organizational security measures required to ensure the security of his/her personal data and to safeguard it from unauthorized changes, loss, processing and/or access, having regard to the state of the technology, the nature of the data that is being stored, and the risks to which it is exposed, whether as a result of human action or the physical or natural environment.
The User may at any time, on the terms and conditions laid down in the data protection legislation for the time being in force and in accordance with the legislation, revoke authorization to process and disclose his/her personal data, and may also exercise the rights of access, rectification, deletion and objection, the right to request the restriction of the processing of his/her personal data, the right to data portability and the right to complain to a supervisory authority. He/She may do so by contacting email@example.com.
Retaining and Deleting Data
Upon termination of your access to Application in accordance with the general Terms and Conditions, we may still be required to retain your Personal Information or Data in order to comply with legal obligations, prevent fraud, collect fees owed (if any), resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems etc, but always done within a legal framework.
When you request for your Data to be removed, you will be added to a suppression list to ensure your request is complied with.
Last Updated: Jul 1, 2019